Like a normal electric fence, a solar-powered electric fence can be used to protect livestock, pets, or land from wildlife and pests. However, unlike normal electric lines or battery-powered fences, a solar electric fence charger use a small solar photovoltaic (PV) panel to collect and convert sunlight into energy, which is then stored in the battery so that it can charge the fence. When an animal or human being comes into contact with the electric Fence, they receive a sharp, short, painful but safe electric shock. The shock does not cause any physical damage. The electric fence acts as a strong psychological barrier as any intruder avoid coming into contact with the electric Fence once they experience the shock.
Solar Fencing System
- Fence posts are erected 6 – 8 meters apart depending upon the terrain.
- No barbed wires are used. Only plain High tensile (Strong) wire is used.
- A long life as the fence is not subjected to physical pressures of wear and tear.
- Selective barriers possible. For example, Elephant barriers can be designed to allow smaller animals like cattle to move in and or out.
- It is the most effective method of fencing, and is safe to all kinds of animals and to human beings.
- It is easily constructed and maintained.
- It is long lasting and can be modified, extended, shifted and re-erected from one place to another, without loss of materials and waste of labour.
- This is the only method of fencing, which can effectively keep all kinds of wild animals out.
- It is not dependent on regular electricity supply as it operates on battery, hence we can use easily use it in Remote Areas.